Friday, August 10, 2007

Girls (and Kids) Weekend


What a wonderful weekend it was at R-Ranch outside Dalonaga, Georgia when I met up with my College friends Cindy and Katie and our 6 kids!! We stayed in a cabin (with no TV) for two nights. Two of the boys were 2 1/2 and my boys are 4 so there was a lot of excitement and tatteling!!! We went swimming, played putt-putt (I use that term lightly), and just hung out!! On Saturday night Katie's parents were sweet enought to watch all the children so the girls could go to dinner...ALONE!! It was just like old times, you'd never know we hadn't seen each other in years. We can't wait until we can get together again. Next time we will leave the kids at home!!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

How great to see you guys reunited! Everyone looks great! I can't believe you were in GA and didn't visit me. Next time, you have to stop in Atlanta - would love to see my old roomie! (We can try to bake chicken in the toaster oven again- remember that?)
Sheena

Jeremy and Lacy said...

How fun that you are still able to get together with the girls from college. It is so hard to keep in touch...so you are a great example to us all!

stacey said...

Don't give me so much credit. One of the girls I hadn't seen in 2 years the other it had been 7!!! And these are girls who were in my wedding - close friends!!! Some relationships can just pick up right where they left off. We are definately going to do better about getting together. It's good to hear from you. I check your blog daily to see that sweet baby!!!

Anonymous said...

Had a blast! (Even though we were all refereeing half of the time!!!) Can't wait to do it again!
Love you!
Cindy