Tuesday, July 17, 2007

A Week At Camp




I had the opportunity to spend last week as a family group leader at middle school youth camp. My brother is a middle school youth pastor in Knoxville and for the second year I went along to camp. It was so wonderful to watch a group of 220 middle schoolers worship the Lord. Sure they enjoyed all the recreation that camp has to offer, but it was the times of worship that they couldn't get enough of. What a blessing to be a part of such a wonderful event!!

The pictures need a bit of explanation...the first one is me in the the mud portion of the Adventure Race (which my team finished LAST!!!). I am wearing the mask because last year the smell made me gag. I thought the mask would help, but I ended up getting sick anyway!! The second picture is my group of girls after the race. And the third picture is Stan and I right before we did the zip line. This is definitely the most adventurous week of my year!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ok that mud is nasty!! I can't believe you did that, I'm sure your mom cringes thinking about all of that mud. Hope you guys are good. Love you! Kiss those boys for me!

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh! That looks so gross! I can't believe you swam in mud!! I have a new level of respect for you. Glad you had fun!!

Sheena

Danielle said...

I can't imagine swimming in that yucky mud, it's a good thing you have proof!:) Glad to hear your trip was good. Somehow I didn't realize just how much you and Stan look alike until that pic.

jennyhope said...

Oh say it aint so! I can not believe the personal bravery that the Lord must have given you to tread through that nastiness. I esteem you as better than myself girlfriend! There is no way I could do that!!