Monday, August 11, 2008

My Favorite Time Of Day

Now don't get me wrong, I am enjoying a little "freetime" these days, but I look forward to the arrival of the bus at 3:15 like no other!! At about 3pm I start watching the clock so I'm not late for my appointment. I go to the porch at 3:10 because I wouldn't want to not be there should the bus be on the fast track or something. I promised the boys I'd always be there waiting for my "big hug" and that is just what I plan to do! I just had to share a video of my little sweeties getting of that BIG yellow bus and running all the way home. My, oh my, they are so big!! Yet, so little!! I love getting them in and talking all about the exciting things they did at school, getting snacks, and lots and lots of love!! For those of you who know me well will enjoy knowing that I no longer feel it neccesary to go to bed the minute the boys do, because I'm not as worn out at the end of the day as I have been for the past five years. Time does change. And it has brought me to another special time in life. And in all the things I am accomplishing now the bus's arrival is BY FAR my most precious time of day!!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Gigi says -

How cute - those two blondes come running as soon as their feet hit grass. Gigi loves you!!!

Anonymous said...

I love this!!! They look so much bigger in just a week!!! I love you all!

jennyhope said...

So sweet!! My sister and I used to race each other it was always a competition.

Bre said...

So cute!! I cannot believe how big they are. Your post was so sweet and made me sad. I know I need to REALLY cherish these days I have with Carter becuase it will all be over too soon.

Laura said...

I am sitting here just bawling my eyes out!! Alise starts school tomorrow and I just don't know if I can do it. Unfortunately, there is no bus in my world. I work and Alise attends private school so she will have to stay in after-school care. Maybe I can substitute my car ride home in the evening to the bus stops! Enjoy!

Anonymous said...

OK....I cried my eyes out! How sweet!!!! I can't wait to come and see them next week! Love you!
Allison

Danielle said...

I love it!!! I was totally reading your post through teary eyes. What big boys...I hope they are enjoying kindergarten :)

Youngblood Family said...

Oh, how sweet! Thing One and Thing Two running to mommy!! That is the sweetest thing I've seen all day!!

Summer said...

My favorite part is how the camera is steady until your boys get off the bus, then starts shaking...we could feel your excitement!!! So sad we didn't get together before school started...we would still love to do that sometime!!!

Anonymous said...

How adorable! They ran right to you!!! Love it!!

Sheena