Thursday, September 25, 2008

Baptism

This past weekend David's younger brother and two sisters were baptized and we were able to take the boys to the celebration. About a week before I gave the boys a heads up because we were going to have to leave a birthday party early to go and I wanted them to be prepared. Of course at that time I had to explain what a baptism was. After hearing that the preacher dunks the person under water, Mason responded with "Well, I'm never doing that!" I told him I hoped someday Jesus would change his mind. So during the baptism celebration there were 30ish people getting baptized and the boys did great. They sat on our laps and really took everything in. At our church the water is on ground level and all family and friends are invited to stand around it during their loved ones baptism. So the boys also got an up close and personal look at three children "going under". Towards the end of the service I whispered to Mason that when Jesus does change his heart and it is his time to be baptized then Uncle Stan could come do it. His response... "Can I wear my goggles?" Guess that's what seems important when you're five!


Photobucket

4 comments:

Laura said...

I have tears in my eyes! What a wonderful story!

Anonymous said...

How precious - my darlin angel. Did Nathan have anything to say - I doubt it. Love you!!!

Stan, Darby, Drake and Brock Allen said...

I love a five year olds view on things! So cute!

Jeremy and Lacy said...

Hilarious! I always love to hear the stories of what they have said! Please keep posting them...they are priceless!