Monday, June 30, 2008

What in the world?!?!


That is exactly what we were saying on Saturday night when both of our boys were getting in the tub and this is what greeted us!! This "rash" was all over the boys upper legs and bottom area. I immediately called my dad, the nurse, to get medical advice. He said to apply hydrocortizone cream and give them benadryl. By that night, Mason seemed to be responding to the medicine and improving a bit. Nathan, however, was covered!! I called after hours just to make sure I shouldn't take action. The nurse said it was probably just an allergic reaction to something, but I couldn't think of anything "new" that would have caused this. Well, the boys have had a cough that I thought was allergies for a couple of weeks and I wanted to take them in for that anyway and now this so we made an appointment for Sunday morning. David took them because I needed to go to church, and come to find out they both had walking pneumonia!! I had no idea. Speaking of having no idea...Mason also had a double ear infection!!! They are responding great to the antibiotic!!

Funny story - today we were in the car (I had to go turn in a utility bill to the school to prove we still live in this house) and I mentioned that a friend of mine was taking her little girl to the doctor. The boys had to know why of course and I tried to give them the easy answer by saying she has a big cough like you and her mommy wants the doctor to check her. Mason said, "you mean she has walking pneumonia?" Too big for his britches I tell you!!

8 comments:

Sallie said...

Ok - how bad would it be that my son had walking pneumonia for three weeks and I didn't take him to the doctor until his fever was spiking. I had no idea. We thought the cough was asthma related and just kept giving him the inhaler. You are a much better mom than I.

stacey said...

Um, no, you are giving me too much credit. Because for weeks we were just dealing with a cough I was treating them for allergy issues. There was never a fever or drainage. It took the rash to send us to the doctor!!

jennyhope said...

girl what in the world? I saw on facebook that they were sick. And the rash I can't believe it spread like that. Miss seeing you!

Anonymous said...

gigi says...

I am just glad they got a rash before it got worse (so you could see there was something wrong). I am sorry Mason and Nathan you don't feel good - I am glad you are getting better!! Love you!

Laura said...

Hi Stacey! I found your blog through Ashley W., the designer. Isn't she wonderful? She designed my blog, too. I love yours! Your boys are SOOOOO cute and I hope you guys are over the rash.

I noticed your husband was wearing an Alabama hat in the picture. Are you guys big fans of the Crimson Tide? Are you from Alabama? We're HUGE fans, but we live in Louisiana.

Stop by and visit some time. Maybe we can become blogging buddies!

Laura said...

My husband would be SOOOOOO jealous about the season tickets!! He's been trying to get us some for two years. Last year, we went to the Ole Miss, LSU, and West Carolina game. My husband and I met at ULM!! Google my blog for the Bama/ULM billboard!

Danielle said...

Oh my goodness! I would have never guessed walking pneumonia and a rash would go together. I hope they are feeling better!

Anonymous said...

What body part is that a picture of?

Sheena