Saturday, December 1, 2007

Thanksgiving Weekend





This was our year to spend Thanksgiving in Tennessee. David refers to it as the year we wear our away jerseys. We had a wonderful visit with my family. My mom recently had a major surgery to remove part of her colon so we all tried to step in and help in the kitchen. David teased that the green beans would be his job, but he didn't even do that. He did, however, carve the turkeys and chicken. As always we had way too much food, but enjoyed the time together.

A highlight of the weekend was playing wii. If you haven't played before, it's great!!! The youngest to the oldest members of the family all play and have a blast.

Friday morning was shopping day. Darby, Penny, and I headed out at 5am and since the others were meeting us later we decided to stop at some stores outside the mall first. After six stores without any entries we headed to the mall (we knew it was open). It was worth getting up early for me. I purchases several "door busters". No big screen TVs or anything, but things I needed none-the-less.

One of my mom's Aunts died before Thanksgiving so most of the family left Friday night to go to the funeral on Saturday. It was good that there were early departures, because out of 12 adults, 8 ended up with a stomach bug by Monday. It was a great weekend with a not so great finale!!

1 comments:

jennyhope said...

oh no girl! I am sorry about all that is going on in your family and I will be praying